Gosforth Central Park

Gosforth Central Park was opened to the public on 6 August 1932.
It was created at a cost of £10,000 out of seven acres of land previously occupied by Sanderson Nursery. The South Bowling Green was opened on 15 June 1934 Later in 1934 land which belonged to the Roman Catholic authorities adjoining the park was acquired and an additional Bowling Green was constructed, with a children's play area added in 1937.

The park has changed very little from the original 1930’s design and now includes tennis and basketball courts alongside the two bowling greens.

The local neighbourhood is very much involved with the running of the park and events such as the annual youth music festival, Summer Sundays entertainment, the bowling clubs, tennis courts and the open recreational areas mean the park is a busy part of the community.







No comments:

Post a Comment